The MOTU 112D is an incredibly flexible device. A digital audio interface, router, format converter, and stand-alone mixer – all in a roadworthy, rackmount 1U chassis, the 112D connects to your host computer through ultra-fast Thunderbolt technology, AVB Ethernet, or class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 (with USB 3.0 and iOS compatibility). The 112D rocks 24 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O, 24 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O and 64 channels of MADI – that’s a whopping total of 112 simultaneous digital I/O channels! Freely route anything, anywhere – all with near-zero latency
MOTU 112D at a Glance:
- 112 simultaneous digital I/O channels
- Prodigious router and converter
- Big-console-style mixing
- Rule your network
112 simultaneous digital I/O channels
You read that right. And all channels can be active simultaneously. Check it out: 64 channels of MADI – the 112D operates as a near-zero latency 64-channel MADI-to-AVB converter with flexible routing and splitting to/from your AVB network. Cool, but the plot thickens, with 24 channels of AES/EBU and ADAT up to 96kHz: three 8-channel banks (on D-sub) of AES/EBU at all sample rates up to 96kHz. Then there’s ADAT optical, with three 8-channel banks at rates up to 48kHz and six banks (24 channels) of ADAT at 2x sample rates. Wow!
Prodigious router and converter
With the MOTU 112D, you can route any input to any (or multiple) outputs – again, with vanishingly low latency. Freely route all 112 audio channels to and from your Mac or PC over Thunderbolt, or to/from any devices on the AVB network. So, we see that the 112D is indeed a prodigious router, but it’s also a rockin’ format converter that lets you convert any format to any other. Compatible formats include AES/EBU, optical, MADI, AVB, and computer audio (Thunderbolt or USB).
MOTU endowed the 112D with robust DSP that offers you big-console-style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating-point effects processing that includes modeled analog EQ, vintage-style compression, and classic reverbs. You can even use the 112D as a stand-alone mixer and control the whole shebang from its innovative web app running on your tablet, smartphone, or laptop.
Rule your network
Connect a second MOTU AVB interface (such as a 1248, 8M, 16A or another 112D) to the 112D with a simple Ethernet cable. You can add more I/O with the optional MOTU AVB Switch. Build your AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over lengthy cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among the devices and computers on the network. In the studio or onstage, the 112D gives you flexible digital routing/conversion, state-of-the-art performance, and rock-solid reliability. You need it.
MOTU 112D Features:
- 112 simultaneous digital audio channels:
- 24 channels of AES/EBU I/O
- 24 channels of ADAT optical I/O
- 64 channels of MADI I/O
- Universal computer connectivity:
- AVB Ethernet
- Audio-class-compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (USB 3.0/iOS compatible)
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with big-console-style mixing and effects
- Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects
- Web app control of DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing
- Discovery app and web app software works alongside your host audio software
- Web app control from laptop, tablet, or smartphone connected to your LAN by wire or Wi-Fi
- Flexible system expansion and audio networking with ultra-low network latency