The TB12 Tone Beast is a high quality microphone preamplifier using quality USA made components. It is a unique beast in that it has tone-shaping features that provide versatility and flexibility usually only found by acquiring an assortment of preamps.
Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.
– Discrete 312 preamp design with coupled CineMag Transformers
– 71db of gain
– Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
– Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
– Discrete Opamp selection provides both the classic 1731(vintage) and 918(cleaner) style opamps. These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps.
– Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
– Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters
– 80hz hipass filter
– Polarity Reverse
– +48V phantom power
– Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers
– ¼” insert for the use of inline compressors, eq’s etc..
– Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and ¼” instrument inputs
– Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
– -20db Pad
– LED VU Meter
– 19” rackmountable
– External line-lump 24V AC power transformer for low noise