Telefunken ELA M 251E Stereo Set
The ELA M 251E Classic Tube Microphone Stereo Set from Telefunken is a matched stereo pair of the company’s ELA M 251E tube condenser microphones.The ELA M 251E is regarded as one of the most essential microphones in recording, and is sought after by leading industry professionals, recording studios, and artists. The ELA M 251E sits in line with Telefunken’s history of quality professional microphones, and its lineage can be traced back to the original Neumann U-47 microphone produced in 1947 (distributed by Telefunken).
The ELA M 251E with the 6072a tube has been known to capture a warm, rich and detailed sound that can be found in countless recordings throughout history. The capsule houses the famous CK12 1.0″ dual-sided gold-sputtered diaphragm, and the switchable cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns are accessible on the microphone itself.
The ELA M 251E stereo set will provide recording engineers with a variety of stereo-recording techniques, including X/Y coincidental pairs when utilizing the mics in their cardioid patterns, or A/B spaced pairs while using the mics in either cardioid or omni. Designed for convenience, the set comes with a dual microphone-capable power supply included. Each component is hand selected and matched to allow for as close of a match between the two microphones in each system as possible. Capsules are tuned to each other, and transformers and tubes are tested for matched gain and frequency response.
Telefunken ELA M 251E Stereo Set Features:
- Stereo pair with each component selected and matched to allow for as close of a match between the two microphones in each set as possible
- The Telefunken ELA M 251E features the 6072a for unparalleled warmth and detail
- Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns
- Custom-dual power supply powers both mics at once
- The famous 1.0″ CK12 gold-sputtered diaphragm reproduces audio in pristine detail
- Locking flight case that will carry both sets of microphones, cables, wooden boxes, and the dual power supply