Lynx Aurora (n) 16-TB
Next-Gen Lynx Conversion Plus Thunderbolt
This Lynx Aurora (n) 16-TB with preinstalled LT-TB option provides you with pro-quality digital conversion and ultra-low-latency performance. The Aurora (n) 16-TB gives you up to 192kHz analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with front panel control of all routing and sample rate options. Word clock and MIDI I/O connectors provide you with additional sync options, and the preinstalled LT-TB card provides you with maximum bandwidth and minimal latency. Aurora (n) models give you up to 32-channel recording and playback to microSD for stand-alone operation or confidence recording, as well as two audiophile-grade headphone outs, while a TFT LCD display provides immediate status information. Leveraging high-end Lynx Hilo technology and utilizing cutting-edge FPGA processors, Aroura (n) delivers even greater transparency, with significantly lower noise and distortion than previous models. For excellent conversion quality, we recommend the Lynx Aurora (n) 16-TB.
Outfitted with all of the I/O options you need
The Aurora (n) 16-TB provides you with professional I/O options to fit your studio or live-sound production rig. Based on handy DB-25 connections, the Aurora (n) 16-TB’s analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and -10dBV nominal levels. Its AES digital I/O is also transformer coupled and capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. What’s more, the Aurora (n) 16-TB supports both dual and single-wire AES channel modes.
Fully equipped with convenient front-panel controls
Lynx designed the Aurora (n) 16-TB’s ergonomic front panel to provide you with easy access to all of its important controls and signal status. The Aurora (n) 16-TB also offers extensive remote control capability. You can control all of its front panel features as well as other low-level options from a Lynx AES16 digital interface card, infrared remote, MIDI, or your computer.
Onboard 32-channel mixer makes complex routing simple
The Aurora (n) 16-TB’s 32-channel onboard digital mixer provides you with extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch-bay-style digital router, your Aurora (n) 16-TB can easily route signals between its analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. That provides you with extremely flexible, and totally recallable, zero-latency monitoring capabilities.
Armed with SynchroLock-2 jitter reduction for clear digital audio
Lynx’s proprietary SynchroLock-2 jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This LYNX-exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
Preinstalled LT-TB option provides ultra-fast Thunderbolt connection
Take advantage of this Aurora (n) 16-TB’s preinstalled LT-TB Thunderbolt port option and take full advantage of your computer’s fastest connection. Thanks to the Aurora (n) 16-TB’s LT-TB option, you get 16 total analog and 16 digital I/O channels and full channel counts at sample rates up to 192kHz. The user-upgradable FPGA also adds enhanced 64 x 32 mixing, and you’ll experience some of the lowest latency any recording device can offer.
Lynx Aurora (n) 16-TB with LT-TB Option Digital Converter Features:
- 16-channel pro-quality AD/DA conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Comes preloaded with Lynx LT-TB Thunderbolt option card for ultra-high-speed connectivity and low-latency performance
- Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) delivers amazing transparency and ultra-low noise and distortion
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording/playback to/from onboard micro SD card
- Onboard 32-channel digital mixer provides flexible I/O routing
- LSlot expansion for USB, Thunderbolt, Dante, Protools HD connectivity, and more
- Configurable I/O, 2 audiophile-grade headphone outs, universal power supply
- 1-in/3-out word clock I/O with 2nd-generation Lynx SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- AES/EBU I/O supports both single- and dual-wire modes
- Extensive remote control capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- Designed and crafted in the Lynx Studio Technology lab in Costa Mesa, CA