The PC3 introduced the world to a new generation of ground-breaking Kurzweil technology, having a synthesis architecture that remains unparalleled in depth and flexibility, combined with a staggering amount of effects processing power. The PC3 sound set, which encompasses everything from the traditional to the cutting edge, has been widely acknowledged as second to none.
And now the PC3’s successor has arrived. The Kurzweil PC3K is the pinnacle of our PC3 line, bridging the gap between Kurzweil’s past successes and present innovations.
An Old Friend
The PC3K, already loaded up with the many impressive features and sounds of the PC3, allows users to tap into the massive wealth of samples and programs developed for our legendary K Series over the past two decades. Capable of loading .KRZ/25/26 sample files, WAVE and AIFF files, as well as most of the K Series programs and setups, the PC3K presents a whole new world of choices to players, and once again underscores our commitment to the concept of non-obsolescence by design. You can choose to delve into the extensive libraries of existing K Series samples or decide to fill the PC3K’s flash memory with your own signature samples. In either case, you’ll have the most powerful version of Kurzweil’s V.A.S.T technology ever developed at your fingertips to help sculpt your sounds and attain a level of detail and expressiveness truly worthy of your music. Sample files can be loaded via USB from a thumb-drive or directly from a computer.
~ “Let it be lasting, immortal” (Latin)
User samples that do not “go away” when a keyboard is powered off – this is a feature that’s been requested by keyboardists since the introduction of digital sampling in the early ’80s. Clearly demonstrating the virtue of enduring quality, the PC3K offers 128 megabytes of user sample memory and compatibility with K Series files, while also taking an enormous leap forward by allowing user samples to remain intact while power is off. Once samples are loaded into the PC3K’s flash memory, there is zero load time for those samples when powering on the instrument.
Advanced program, keymap and sample editing features allow you to customize your sounds with surgical precision. You’re able to map any sample to any key, tune individual samples, change the start, alt start, loop point and end point of samples and even assign a controller to adjust sample start point in real-time.
Light Years Ahead
Under the hood of the PC3X is simply the most powerful synthesis engine ever created by Kurzweil. Dynamic V.A.S.T. picks up where the K series left off. Having up to 32 layers per program means that emulations of real instruments can be extremely detailed and accurate, while the synthesized sounds can be extraordinarily large and complex.
Expanding upon our V.A.S.T. architecture, the PC3X’s new architecture delivers more power and flexibility combined with unprecedented ease of use. Users can now create and store their own DSP algorithms, with nearly limitless possibilities for routing.
In another huge development, we’ve resurrected the VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer, having built its synthesis engine right into the new system. Hear the VA-1’s power-shaped, anti-aliasing oscillators (including supersaw, triplesaw, and hard sync oscillators) combined with a newer, larger set of V.A.S.T. filters (like the classic-style 4pole low pass w/ resonance) and non-linear processors and you’ll understand why the internet is buzzing about this feature.
It’s The Sound
The PC3 Series’ advanced synthesis architecture, along with its painstakingly-edited sample ROM, allowed us to create a sound set that is both broad and deep, with no compromises on sound quality. Referred to by some in the music industry as “the solid gold Swiss army knife”, the PC3 line has become well known for having covered all the bases when it comes to presets. Whether it’s the famous Kurzweil grand piano, the wide array of deadly-accurate vintage keys emulations, KB3 Mode, VA virtual analog sounds or the hundreds of world-class orchestral and string section programs, the PC3K provides over 900 presets that let you know that it does everything and does it well.
Plug And Play
Saving, loading and updating the OS are all made easy on the PC3K with the inclusion of both USB Host and Device ports. You can save your user programs, setups and songs to a USB thumb-drive or directly to a computer. Samples and OS updates can be loaded from a thumb-drive or directly from your computer, and of course the PC3K sends and receives MIDI over USB.
In a nod to the design of classic synths and keyboard instruments from years past, the PC3K, the top of our PC3 line, has been fitted with handsomely crafted wooden end-caps, adding an element of luxury and refinement that beautifully complements the awesome technology at the heart of every Kurzweil keyboard.
- 61-note semi-weighted hammer action, with velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive keys
- Quick release spring gives keys the response needed for synth/organ parts
- 128MB nonvolatile sample flash RAM
- Compatible with K 2/25/26 series sample libraries and programs
- Large backlit LCD with dedicated back-panel brightness and contrast controls
- 128-voice polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning-fast performance
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Over 850 stunning factory presets, many of which use 10-20 layers
- Features samples from PC2 Base Sound ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section ROM, and more
- Over 64 KB3 programs
- Includes 96 factory MIDI setups and 128 user-programmable MIDI setups
- MIDI setups include 8 independent zones, effects and arpeggiator settings
- General MIDI compatible
- 2,560 locations for user-created preset programs
- 2,560 locations for user-created MIDI Setups
- ROM expansion slot
- 16 insert effects distributed over 12 buses and 2 auxiliary sends
- Over 300 effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, EQ, distortion, compression, and more
- Master effects section with 5-band parametric EQ and 3-band compressor
- Pitch and modulation wheels
- 9 front-panel sliders/drawbar controllers
- 2 front-panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable)
- 3-switch pedal input
- 2 continuous-control pedal inputs, mono pressure
- Super Ribbon input
- Breath-controller input
- Controller values can be “captured” and stored as part of a program
- “Info” soft button displays what the PC3’s assignable controllers are doing in each program
- “Easy Audition” lets you preview patches with short sound sequences
- 16 independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play orders, and more
- 4 x ¼” balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Rear-panel ¼” headphone output
- 24-bit stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz modes
- Syncable to external clock
- MIDI input, Output, and Throughput (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI output)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB, including data storage and OS updates via thumb drive
- USB thumb drive memory port lets you store and load programs, OS updates, and sequences.
- Free OS updates