AEA TRP Ribbon Mic Pre
The AEA Ribbon Mic Preamplifier is an ultra high-gain and impedance, minimal-path FET mic pre designed by Fred Forssell. This low-noise two-channel preamp is for ribbon, moving coil, and tube microphones that do not use or want phantom power. This allows for improvements in minimal path circuitry and also rids the unit of phantom-power blocking capacitors. Zener diodes on the input protect the input stage if external phantom power is applied.
First stage gain is set from +6 to +63 dB by a 12 position Grayhill switch. Another 20dB of gain is available after the output level potentiometer. Polarity reversal and high pass switches on the two channels are complimented by operating and overload LED metering.
- 83 dB of gain
- -130 EIN noise figure
- -3 dB at 300 kH
- No phantom power, 18,000 ohms input impedance
- Green and Red LEDs indicates channel level
- Balanced XLR +4, and Unbalanced ¼ inch -10 outputs
- Switched Gain and Continuous Level Controls
- Phase reverse and high-pass switches
- Anodized gray and black matte finished aluminum
- Laser engraved legends and single line schematic
- External power supply for minimum noise
- Half-rack wide, one rack unit high (8.5″ x 8.5″ x 1.7″)
- Weight: Two pounds, plus power supply is (1.5 lbs.)