Sequential Pro 3 Multi-Filter Mono/Paraphonic Synth
The Sequential Pro 3 boasts three oscillators, three vintage filters, three LFOs, four loopable envelopes, a massive 32-slot mod matrix, and a 16 x 16 x 4 sequencer. Throw in dual digital effects and four control voltage ins and outs, and you’ve got a hugely powerful instrument that’s as exciting to program as it is to play.
The Pro 3 is a hybrid of solid, old-school analog synthesis paired with versatile digital technology. Its two voltage controlled oscillators provide warmth and presence while its third wavetable oscillator provides digital edge and grit. With 32 tables of 16 waves each and wave morphing, tonal possibilities are immense. Tuned feedback with grunge, and analog distortion deliver industrial-grade nastiness on demand.
At the heart of the Pro 3’s ballsy sound are its vintage-style filters. Filter 1 is a 4-pole low-pass design based on the Prophet-6 filter. Filter 2 is a classic transistor ladder filter with optional resonance compensation to preserve its low-end punch. Filter 3 is a classic 2-pole, state-variable design based on the OB-6 filter that can be continuously varied between low-pass, notch, and high-pass operation, with an optional band-pass mode. An additional Drive control provides still more punch when you really want to get down and dirty.
The Pro 3’s Effects section provides delays, reverbs, time-domain effects such as chorus/phasing/flanging and more. There are four loopable five-stage envelope generators, three syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a full-featured arpeggiator, and a 32-slot modulation matrix with dozens of modulation sources and over a hundred destinations.
The Pro 3 was designed to be a super-powerful monosynth, but it is also a versatile 3-voice paraphonic synth. This makes playing 3-note chords not only possible, but with creative use of effects and some per-oscillator modulation, very expressive.
Put all of this sonic power in a three-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, add backlit pitch and mod wheels and a location-sensitive touch slider, and you’ve got one of the most inspiring synths ever made.
- Two analog, voltage-controlled oscillators
- One DSP-based digital oscillator
- Analog oscillators produce three classic wave shapes: (triangle, saw, pulse) with variable shape modulation/pulse width on each
- Digital oscillator produce 32 digital wavetables of 16 waves each with wave morphing, plus classic wave shapes (sine, triangle, saw, variable-width pulse) and super saw
- Digital oscillator 3 can function as an LFO for complex wavetable-based modulation
- White noise generator
- Hard sync, per-oscillator Glide, Oscillator Slop
- 3-voice paraphonic mode with individually-gated envelopes per oscillator
- 32 slot modulation matrix with over 46 mod sources and over 171 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Mod Matrix runs at audio rates
- Advanced sequencer with three modes: normal, gated, and trigger
- 16 tracks and 4 linkable 16-step phrases
- Per-step ratcheting, duration, and velocity
- Multiple playback modes: forward, reverse, forward/reverse, random
- Supports real-time/step input, rests, and variable-length sequences
- Syncs to MIDI clock and external audio and CV input
- Sequences freely assignable to any modulation destination
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI Out, and 1 MIDI Thru/Out 2 port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 4 CV inputs (4 x 1/8″ jack) with -10v to +10v voltage range
- 4 CV outputs (4 x 1/8″ jack) with -10v to +10v voltage range
- 1 Gate Out (1/8″ jack)
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 1 Expression pedal input
- 1 External audio input (1/4″ phone jack)
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- Over 60 knobs and 70 buttons enable deep, comprehensive editing with minimal menu diving
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low-light situations and have a smooth, precise response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range
- Position-sensitive latchable touch slider for enhanced interactivity and control
- Full-sized, three-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
|Brand||Dave Smith Instruments, Sequential|
|Gross Shipping Weight – Volumetric (kgs)||8.0000|
|Oscillators||Two analog, voltage-controlled oscillators | One DSP-based digital oscillator|
|Filter||Three classic filter types: Curtis Filter, Ladder Filter, SEM Filter|
|Envelope Generator||4 Loopable Envelopes|
|Other Controllers||Mod Wheel, Touch Strip, Aftertouch,|
|Sequencer||16 Track Sequencer|
|Number Of Keys||37|
|Key Type||Semi- weighted|
|MIDI I/O||In, Out, Thru, USB|
|Pedal Inputs||1 Sustain/footswitch input | 1 Expression pedal input|
|Presets||512 user programs | 512 factory programs|
|Polyphony||3 Voice Paraphonic|
|Inputs||1/4″ External Input|
|Outputs||2 x 1/4″ Jack|
|Headphone Outputs||1/4″ Jack|