DaveSmith Prophet 12 After 35 years of creating synths, this is simply my best synth yet,” said Smith. “We sort of started from scratch on this one rather than spinning off another product from our previous designs.”
Dave Smith Prophet 12
DaveSmith Prophet 12
DaveSmith Prophet 12 a twelve voices polyphonic analogue synth Each voice features four oscillators capable of generating classic and complex waveforms, a sub-oscillator, resonant analog low- and high-pass filters, and analog VCAs. The new Character section adds a variety of wave shaping and sound sculpting options, like Drive, Hack, Decimation, Girth, and Air. Additional features include a tuned feedback path,
a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality, deep modulation capabilities, and bi-timbral operation. The LFOs, delay, and arpeggiator can all be synced, either to the internal clock or an external MIDI clock. Two programmable position- and pressure-sensitive touch sliders take the performance controls beyond the standard pitch and mod wheels (also included).
“We’re already blown away by the sonic breadth of this synthesizer’s new voice architecture,” Smith continued. “It doesn’t sound like anything else and I’m very excited for people to hear it.
- 12 voices, each with four oscillators, sub-oscillator, low- and high-pass filters, and analog VCAs
- Character section adds a variety of wave shaping and sound sculpting options
- Tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality
- Deep modulation capabilities, bi-timbral operation
- Four LFOs and four envelopes per voice
- LFOs, delay, and arpeggiator can all be synced
- Grippy pitch and mod wheels; aftertouch
- Sustain, plus two expression pedal inputs
- Two programmable position-and pressure-sensitive touch sliders
- MIDI DIN in, out, and thru; MIDI over USB