Wunder Audio – Wunderbar Super D Analog Recording Console
NEW! Introducing Wunderbar Super D
An x8-channel, D-Sub version of the original Wunderbar.
The Wunderbar Console Featuring the Wunderbahn
The Wunder Audio Wunderbar is an analog console forged from inspiration, innovation and the bold desire to build the most impressive recording desk in the world. The result is a console so accomplished, it features The Wunderbahn, the worlds first desk to come standard with three vintage stereo bus flavors, and employs a fully symmetrically balanced discrete summing bus system. This unprecedented blend of performance, technology, and perfectly crafted build quality is simply the next standard in the pursuit of the perfect recording.
- 8-Channel Sections Supports D-sub25 8-Channel Cables
- Available with the Wunder Audio PEQ2 or the new PEQ4 four-band EQ.
- New iMac 27” Display Section
- Expanded Inputs and Outputs
- DAW D-Sub Inputs Plus Mult for Analog
- Balanced Aux Masters
- Track/Mix Flip and Insert Defeat Capability
- Isolated DC Voltage Paths and Audio Paths
Design your unique Wunderbar console
Customize your configuration to reflect your engineering style. All Wunderbars are custom and designed to the exact specifications of the client’s special order. Choose from a variety of console sizes and master section positions, internal Patchbay, and Cinema Display. Here, Wunder Audio continues to cherish the proud tradition of handcrafted excellence. Over a dozen specialists apply their trade in creating the Wunderbar; cable builders alongside machinist, electronic engineers alongside cabinetmakers. All are world-class craftspeople whose purpose is the realization of the personal vision of the individual Wunder Audio customer. The Console can be loaded with the PEQ2, the new PEQ4 four-band EQ, or any combination of the two in 12 to 60 channels, or D-sub from 8 to 56 channels. A “Fully Balanced Busing Scheme” is the heart of the Wunderbar, buffering the ground out of the equation. This results in significant increase in dynamic range while lowering noise substantially. There are transformer balanced direct outputs and inserts on all channels. The Stereo Bus champions The Wunderbahn and has three Stereo Amplifier choices: Wunder, 1272, and the 312.
The Routing Modules
The 1046 Routing modules are fully transformer balanced Class-A Discrete Each channel has a monitor fader that is flip-able with the main channel fader. Also featured are six buses with illuminated switches, four auxes that are switchable pre or post, Pan Defeat, 48V phantom, and “Opto Silent” mute. If the console is short loaded, the Routing modules will act as transformer-balanced inputs.
The Master Section
The Master Section includes a Control Room Monitor for monitoring six stereo sources, including buses. Mono, Dim, Mute, and Solo Clear are on large illuminated switches. Other features include: P&G 100mm Conductive Plastic Faders, thick hardwood end-cheeks in an unlimited choice of hardwoods, and full leather armrest.
Other features include: P&G 100mm Conductive Plastic Faders, thick hardwood end-cheeks in an unlimited choice of hardwoods, and full leather armrest.
- 12 channels, 20 monitors, 1 Powerbar PSU, Exquisite Trim.
- 24 channels, 32 monitors, 1 Powerbar PSU, Exquisite Trim.
- 36 channels, 44 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU’s, Exquisite Trim.
- 48 channels, 56 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU’s, Exquisite Trim.
- 60 channel, 68 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU’s, Exquisite Trim.
- 8 channels, 16 monitors, 1 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 16 channels, 24 monitors, 1 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 24 channels, 32 monitors, 1 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 32 channels, 40 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 40 channels, 48 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 48 channels, 56 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
- 56 channels, 64 monitors, 2 Powerbar PSU, Equisite Trim.
Exquisite Trim is 1.5″ Solid hardwood (Oak, Walnut, or Roasted Coffee Bean Birch) and includes End Caps and Meter Bridge and Black or Brown Top Grain Leather Armrest.
- NEW Exotic Wood package upgrades to an unlimited choice of wood.
- DAW or MIDI controlled Motorized P&G fader.
- Patch bay section for 8x 19″ wide patch bays (bays not included).
- Center section for 23″ flat screen monitor (monitor not included).
- Insert enable/defeat panel via light-pipe buttons. – (Available on the TT patch bay section only)
- Stereo Bus inserts.
- Wunderbar stand w/ Black Hammerite Finish.