Spectra 1964 611 Series Complimiters
The = is a hand-built, discrete design utilizing custom transformer I/O that accepts a balanced line input, microphone input, or high-impedance ¼” input and is designed to be placed in FRONT of the mic preamp in your signal chain, thereby eliminating transient peaks as close to the source as possible. Removing peaks before the preamp allows the preamp to more accurately reproduce the source before the recording device. Additionally, the compressor portion of the Model 611 Complimiter can be used to control the overall dynamic range – everything from evening out a bass track, to making a kick drum boom, or crushing a drum room mic. Plus, its small, portable extruded enclosure makes it easy to dial in sounds in the studio or control room alike. Perfect for producers and session musicians on the go.
- Dramatic improvement in dynamic range and harmonic content
- Reduced distortion due to the elimination of transient overload
- Instantaneous control of dynamic range (compression function)
- Unequaled Guitar/instrument sonic performance with either passive or active instruments pickups
- No requirement for de-essing or high frequency equalization
- Direct termination of microphones (phantom power required)