Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8 Dante Remote Control Microphone Preamp
Legendary Rupert Neve Sound for Your Live Rig
Imagine the massive sound and impact of classic Rupert Neve Designs studio gear — in an 8-channel Dante remote-control microphone preamp optimized for your stage rig. The RND RMP-D8 features eight mic/line inputs outfitted with 1dB-stepped remotely controllable Class A mic preamplifiers packing 60dB of gain. Many top live sound engineers have integrated Rupert Neve Designs analog studio equipment into their digital touring rigs. Now, the RMP-D8 gives front-of-house mixers, multi-room facilities, and venues of all sizes the coveted sound of Rupert Neve Designs, complete with mastering-grade 24-bit 192kHz converters and full Dante integration.
Classic Rupert Neve
At the heart of the RND RMP-D8 are modular mic preamp cards featuring Rupert Neve’s renowned custom transformer designs. Many other integrated Dante mic preamp designs rely primarily on a single integrated circuit for gain and tone. Not the RMP-D8. Each channel of the RMP-D8 sports a complete Class A mic preamplifier feeding a custom transformer — just like Rupert Neve Designs’ standalone preamplifiers.
Many combination devices incorporate converters of a quality that makes them seem like an afterthought. Not the RMP-D8. Its 24-bit/192kHz converters are the result of years of meticulous research and listening tests — and RND’s formidable design expertise. Precision-controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction enable the RMP-D8’s exceptional mic preamplifiers to capture the full impact and every nuance of a performance. With the RMP-D8, you can be assured that there is no weak link in your audio path.
The new Dante standard of excellence
The RMP-D8 brings the legendary sound of Rupert Neve Designs into the world of modern Dante connectivity. The RMP-D8’s audio signal is compatible with any Dante device across applications ranging from concert halls to stadiums, clubs, recording and broadcast studios, houses of worship, and educational facilities. The RMP-D8 is built tour-tough with a rugged, reinforced-steel chassis for enhanced RF shielding and redundant power supplies capable of worldwide operation.
Rupert Neve Designs
Rupert Neve is an audio legend whose electronics designs defined the golden age of analog. Mr. Neve has remained at the forefront of audio-circuit innovation for over half a century, and his current company, Rupert Neve Designs, continues to advance the state of the art with cutting-edge products that sound incredible and intelligently address the challenges of the digital age.
Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8 Features:
- 8-channel Dante remote-control microphone preamp
- 8 mic/line inputs with 48V phantom power, polarity reverse, input pad, and highpass filter
- 1dB-stepped, remotely controllable Class A mic preamplifiers with 60dB of gain
- Custom Rupert Neve Designs transformers for the larger-than-life sound of Rupert’s classic module designs
- Mastering-grade 24-bit/792kHz converters with precision-controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction
- Robust redundant power supplies capable of worldwide operation
- Dante integration with redundant network ports for maximum reliability
- Gain-compensated secondary output option with ±72dB range
- 4 dual-channel AES outputs on XLR connectors
- Large OLEO display with full local control; accurate, easy-to-read meters
- Complete integration with Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante Via for direct computer input
- Rugged, reinforced-steel chassis for enhanced RF shielding and use in challenging tour environments
- Preamp Type:Class A Mic Preamp Converter
- Number of Channels:8
- Phantom Power:Per channel
- Polarity Switch:Yes
- EQ:80Hz 12dB/Octave Highpass Filter
- Sample Rate:192kHz
- Bit Depth:24-bit
- Analog Inputs:8 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line)
- Digital Outputs:4 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Data I/O:2 x Ethernet (Dante Primary, Secondary)
- USB:1 x Type A (firmware updates)
- Computer Connectivity:Ethernet
- Additional Features:Remote Control capability
- Software:PC Control App
- Rack Spaces:2U
- Power Source:2 x Redundant IEC AC connectors
- Manufacturer Part Number:RMP-D8