Found on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years, the big, punchy sound of the Neve 1073 compliments any musical genre – from rock to rap to classical. The quality is legendary.
The Class A design Neve 1073N microphone preamplifier has 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and a high pass filter. The Neve 1073N mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the Neve sound.
Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073N introduces extra functionality with an integrated DI input, I/O connectors for direct connection of microphones and instruments and other equipment, phantom power for powered microphones and a PSU for standalone use. It can also be fitted into compatible racks/housings or retrofit into 80 Series Neve Classic consoles. Neve – no question.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design) with integral DI input and Phantom Power
- 3 EQ bands & HP filter
- Designed and built in England
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Can be used as a standalone module or inserted into a compatible rack or console
- Mic & Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- DI Input: Input impedance 10M Ohms (PAD off) / 10K Ohms (PAD on) Gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600Ω.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
John Turner – designer at Neve since the very early days of the Company – comments: “We are really proud of the 1073N. We have listened exhaustively to it in addition to benchmarking the specifications to ensure the sound is exactly the same as the hand-wired classic 1073 that I worked on in 1970. At the same time it has been brought completely up to date with great additional features to make it the perfect portable recording workhorse for the way the best music is captured today. A great new Neve product in true classic Neve style.”