Neve 1073 DPX Dual microphone preamplifier and EQ
AMS Neve 1073 DPX
Dual microphone preamplifier and EQ
The Neve 1073 Classic soon became the first choice mic preamp for leading producers and artists. Found on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years, the big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to rap to classical. The quality is legendary. Designed and built in England, the modern-day Neve 1073DPX is produced to the exact specifications of the original with matched components to ensure the sound remains true. The 1073DPX has two channels of Neve 1073 Class A design microphone preamplifiers, each with 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and high pass filter. The Neve 1073DPX mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the genuine Neve sound. Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073DPX introduces extra functionality with integrated DI input, phantom power, selectable Insert feature, level meters, selectable headphone monitoring and I/O connectors on each channel for easy and direct connection of microphones and instruments. The 19” rack-mount 2U unit includes an external multi-voltage PSU.
- 2 independent, genuine Neve 1073 transformer-coupled microphone preamplier / EQ circuits, in a single 2U 19″ rack mount enclosure
- Exclusive Neve Marinair™ transformers used on each input and output stage.
- Convenient connections for Mic, Line & DI inputs on front of unit, with switchable mic/line input connections on the rear of the unit
- Switchable +48v Phantom Power, Hi/Lo impedence, -20dB pad and DI ground lift on the input stage
- Switchable Phase, and EQ in/out
- Insert Send and Return loop feature allows external equipment to be connected easily to the 1073DPX audio chain, such as mono/stereo limiter/compressors;
- Pre-EQ insert send/return – a line level send is available from the mic – pre amp output stage and a return just before the EQ stage
- Post-EQ insert send/return – a line level output send is available from the post EQ stage and a return just before the main output stage
- Independent channel output level controls
- 7-stage LED signal level meters for each channel – can show mic/line/DI input-stage level, EQ-stage level or output-stage level up to +24dB
- Headphone output with adjustable volume control, can listen to channel 1, channel 2 or both channels combined
- External multi-voltage PSU