The Pultec EQP-1A3-SS 2-band equalizer, the modern-day version of the legendary EQP-1A equalizer, can give your tracks the massive bass, silky highs, and addictive warmth that made the original a studio standard. Instead of the original tube-based makeup gain stage, the EQP-1A-SS uses the revered API 2520 op-amp. New Pultecs like the EQP-1A3-SS contain only original-spec components and are dead ringers for their vintage ancestors. It may sound like magic but it's been time-tested and proven – the Pultec EQP-1A3-SS equalizer can make any track sound better.
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- API 2520 op-amp for a different flavor of Pultec EQ
- Boost, cut, or both – it all sounds great
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers like the EQP-1A3-SS are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny – if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the EQP-1A3-SS: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ. And they're only available at Sweetwater!
API 2520 op-amp for a different flavor of Pultec EQ
While every other aspect is the same as original Pultecs, the EQP-1A3-SS-SS employs the legendary API 2520 op-amp for its makeup gain stage instead of the traditional tubes. Many would say this gives the EQP-1A3-SS-SS a less-colored sound than the tube-based version, while retaining the exceptional musicality and richness Pultec EQs are loved for.
Boost, cut, or both – it all sounds great
Take a look at the Pultec EQP-1A3-SS and you'll see it's not designed like your typical equalizer. The two-band design basically gives you flexible high-shelving and low-shelving control, with a twist. Because the boost and attenuate controls work independently you can use an old trick to add thump to the bass region while also notching a bit above the cutoff point, by boosting and attenuating at the same time (try it on kick drum and you'll never look back). On the high-shelf side things are similar, except you can set separate ranges for the boost and attenuation. Said another way, you can boost at 12kHz and cut at 5kHz, adding "air" to a track without increasing presence.
- Single-channel, 2-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- API 2520 op-amp for makeup gain is a distinct sonic alternative than the tube-based version
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide some extra creative potential