MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid
The MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid FireWire/USB audio interface enhances the already supremely accomplished 896mk3 with the addition of USB. With eight XLR/TRS “combo” style analog inputs with preamps, true hi-Z guitar inputs plus a load of digital I/O for a total of 28 inputs and 32 outputs, the 896mk3 Hybrid is ready to rock. Onboard effects juice the featureset with Classic Reverb, Brit-flavoured EQ, and an emulation of the legendary LA-2A, which does jaw-dropping things to drums and mix busses. If you need a top-notch interface, check out the MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid.
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid at a Glance:
- Digital mixing
- Control CueMix with your iPad
- Comprehensive metering
The 896mk3 Hybrid provides 28 inputs and 32 outputs in a two rack-space form factor. All I/O is routed to an on-board 16-bus digital mixer driven by hardware-based DSP with 32-bit floating point precision. The mixer allows for no-latency effects processing to inputs, outputs, or busses directly in the 896mk3 hardware, independent of the computer. Effects can even be applied when the 896mk3 is operating stand-alone as a complete rack-mounted mixer. Input signals to the computer can be recorded wet, dry, or dry with a wet monitor mix (for musicians during recording, for example).
Control CueMix with your iPad
MOTU’s CueMix FX software, the mixing software that drives the powerful routing of the 896mk3, can be controlled from your iPad. MOTU created CueMix templates for the TouchOSC controller app, giving you complete control over your 896mk3’s mixing and effects processing over a Wi-Fi network. This means that when you’re recording in your studio, you don’t need to keep going back to your computer to adjust gain levels, change monitoring effects, or virtually anything else you rely on CueMix for.
The 896mk3 Hybrid is equipped with Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS), a DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source that produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the 896mk3 is resolved to an external clock source via either word clock or SMPTE time code. The 896mk3 can directly resolve to (or generate) time code via a dedicated quarter-inch time code input and output, without the need for an extra synchronizer.
The MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid features comprehensive front panel metering. For starters, 10-segment ladder LEDs are provided for every input and output. One 8-channel meter bank is dedicated to the eight analog inputs. Another 8-channel meter bank can display any input or output bank, which the user can quickly select with a convenient front-panel rotary encoder. Dedicated main out meters are also provided.
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid Features:
- 28-in/32-out FireWire interface with FireWire/USB 2.0 connectivity
- CueMix FX – flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects
- Comprehensive front-panel control
- Stand-alone operation
- Eight rear panel combo jacks provide 1/4″ or XLR mic input with phantom power and pad
- Clip protection
- Eight 24-bit/192kHz analog inputs and outputs on XLR jacks
- 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink
- Expandable – add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz AES/EBU in/out
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured workstation software for the Mac
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire
- Front panel volume control for monitoring
- Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available
- Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
- Comprehensive front panel metering for all analog and digital audio I/O
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
- International 100-240V, 50-60Hz autoswitching power supply