MOTU adds blazing-fast Thunderbolt connectivity to their audio interface lineup with the 828x! It’s got USB too, and whichever way to you connect you’ll have access to up to 28 inputs and 30 outputs – all in a single rack space. MOTU’s acclaimed CueMix FX mixer software makes it easy to set up any routing configuration, and built-in DSP gives you awesome-sounding reverb, EQ, and compression.
MOTU 828x Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface at a Glance:
- Fantastic sound quality and exceptional routing versatility
- Great-sounding DSP effects won’t tax your computer
- Thunderbolt connectivity for wide bandwidth and ultra-low latency
Fantastic sound quality and exceptional routing versatility
One reason the MOTU 828 series has been so popular and well loved is the fact that these interfaces sound incredible, while remaining extraordinarily versatile. You can record up to 24-bit/192khz-quality audio, and the MOTU 828x offers combo inputs, 1/4″ inputs, and ADAT banks. You can also use the MOTU 828x as a standalone mixer, using the onboard DSP to route signals the way you please.
Great-sounding DSP effects won’t tax your computer
The built-in DSP in the MOTU 828x doesn’t just power its flexible mixer. You also get built-in EQ, compression, and reverb effects that are powered by DSP. That way, you can give your artist a lush headphone mix, without tapping into any of your computer’s CPU power you need for recording. You can also record those effects, so it’s like having top-notch plug-ins without the CPU strain! All of the DSP mixing and effects are controlled by the included CueMix FX software.
Thunderbolt connectivity for wide bandwidth and ultra-low latency
While the 828x is perfectly capable connected via USB, it’s also packing Thunderbolt connectivity for maximum performance that’s usually only available with PCIe interface systems. You’ll be able to run more tracks with lower latency than ever, all across a single Thunderbolt cable.
MOTU 828x Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface Features:
- Highly-flexible 28-in/30-out audio interface with Thunderbolt and USB connectivity
- Easily manage complex routing configurations with CueMix FX software mixer
- Built-in DSP gives you high-quality reverb, EQ, and compression on inputs, outputs, and headphone mixes
- Can be used as a standalone mixer with complete front panel control
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control