8 x 2 USB Audio Interface with 8 Mic Preamps, 8 A/D Converters, and AES and ADAT Output
Grace Design M108
Grace Design M108
DAW recording system front end / 8X2 USB interface / remote recording / high-end sound reinforcement
From 25 years experience of creating acclaimed professional audio products, comes the latest evolution of our mic preamplifier design: the Grace Design M108. With eight channels of our transparent, musical mic preamplification, state of the art A/D conversion, multiple digital output formats, and flexible local or remote controlled operation, the m108 is a vital addition to any modern audio production environment.
Based on the acclaimed success of our m802 remote controlled mic preamplifier, the Grace Design M108 distills the best of these achievements into a sleek, elegant 1U chassis design. Our transformerless, transipedance mic preamp design is unmatched in its ability to effortlessly resolve complex sonic waveforms, resulting in recordings of amazing clarity and depth. Integrated A/D conversion delivers digital signals to the workstation that are pure and beautiful. Latest generation s-Lock PLL ensures pristine, jitter free sample clock when clocking from external word clock or Dante clock. And an asynchronous mode USB interface provides the best possible jitter performance when connected to a computer.
A push-button rotary encoder is used for navigating and operation, with a user interface that is simple and intuitive. Dedicated push-buttons are assigned to core functions: 48V phantom power, phase reverse, channel grouping and meter peak clear. A crisp OLED screen displays complete system information, including channel gain settings, metering, peak status, and the system setup menu.
Out of the box, the m108 is ready to go as a stand alone mic preamp / ADC. With integrated serial or MIDI control, the m108 can be configured in large channel-count remote systems, with control from our existing m802 hardware remote control unit, from Protools™, the forthcoming m108 control app, or even simply over ethernet with any modern web browser. And an optional DANTE™ interface is provided for network audio configurations. The m108 control protocol is backward compatible with the m802 so you can add m108’s to an existing m802 system.
Grace Design M108 Features
- 8 channels of balanced analog preamp outputs
- 8 channels of transparent, musical mic preamplier
- Wide gain range: -8 to 74dB
- Ribbon mic mode
- 8 channels of 192kHz ADC outputs via AES, ADAT (4ch SMUX) and USB Class 2
- External Word clock in and out
- Reference DAC and headphone amplier for low-latency monitoring of channel pairs or USB playback from a computer
- Channel 1 & 2 HI-Z inputs on front panel
- High contrast, wide viewing angle OLED display for all system parameters and setup menu
- Combination RS 485/422 serial / MIDI ports for control from existing m802 RCU or Protools™
- Control App (Win and Mac, coming soon) can control up to 96 channels over Ethernet
- Simple web browser control built in, works with all modern browsers including iOS and Android
- RJ45 Ethernet port for network control
- Expansion slot for optional Audinate / DANTE™ network audio card
- Cooling fan for reliable operation in the harshest environments
- Built in 100-240VAC universal AC power supply
- 5 year transferrable warranty
- Made in the USA